A few months back I received an email from a lady called Karen who was looking for some retro fabric to make into blinds. She had been pointed in my direction by a mutual friend of us both, and was keen to know if it would be possible to recolour one of my designs.
She really liked Atomic Blonde but wanted a bespoke turquoise based design. I told her this was definitely possible and emailed through a representation on screen of what it could look like.
We agreed to meet up to finalise the tone of turquoise needed. This worked out well since Karen worked in central London for part of the week, so I took my fabric colour charts and we met one lunchtime, and she picked a couple of colour options for us to test.
I sent these through to my printer and within about 10 days we had a test print with a turquoise background. It looked fantastic!
I sent them off to my customer she chose one. Once the blind company had measured up and we knew exactly how much fabric was needed, it was sent off to the printer.
The finished fabric arrived just as everyone was shutting down because of the Coronavirus!!
It has been a while coming but I’m really pleased to now be able to show off the final results.
My customer was over the moon, as was I. I love the way the pelmet joins all the way around.